Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is the difference between "required" and "recommended" vaccines?
- Required: When a specific country's government requires a traveler to present formal proof of vaccination in order to enter the country.
- Recommended: This refers to suggested vaccines that will protect the traveler from illness.
Q: Are your services covered by my health insurance? What are the costs?
- We do not accept any health insurance as payment for our services, but you may file for reimbursement with your insurance company.
- There is a consultation fee and the vaccines are each priced separately.
- We accept American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card and cash.
Q: What does the consultation entail?
The consultation is individualized and specialized to your itinerary with attention to the following:
- Required and recommended vaccines
- Food and water precautions
- Malaria risks
- Personal safety risks
- Medical contact in the area of travel
- Appropriate prescriptions and discussion regarding travelers' diarrhea, malaria prevention, altitude sickness, and other destination-specific health risks
Q: What do I do if I become ill while traveling?
- We have an extensive resource of physicians, personally known to us, world-wide. We can provide you with contact information prior to your departure.
- We recommend travel and evacuation insurance.
- We can provide you with 24-hour contact information and email access.